( Peter's puntjes #4) Na de eerste 3 een tijdje geleden alweer;
1. Geloof in positiviteit
2. Passie en beleving
3. Compassie, medeleven
Dacht ik dat het goed was om te proberen even een punt te maken.
Punt nummer 4 dus.
We volgen het nieuws in Nederland van een "grote" afstand en sommige dingen kun je mede daarom hier prima relativeren heb ik het gevoel.
Eerst wilde ik een kort en grappig bedoeld woordje schrijven over het hele " Zwarte Piet is Racisme" gebeuren, maar ik denk dat een algemeen punt beter verwoordt wat ik denk en voel, mede naar aanleiding van de gebeurtenissen op een "sport" veld afgelopen weekend in Nederland.
( zie linkje, maar de meesten zullen het wel herkennen)
http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/11966/Dossier-Voetbalgeweld/article/detail/3357919/2012/12/04/Laatste-woorden-Richard-Wat-een-kutvoetbal.dhtml
Wat mij het meeste opvalt in alle artikelen en met name de reacties op artikelen (of dit nu Facebook, AD, NU.nl, RTL of NRC is), is de toon en het woordgebruik van veel 'mensen' het is vaak bij de beesten af!
De scheldwoorden, vloeken en beledigingen vliegen over en weer, vaak is er weinig rede, redenering of enige beperking van het eigen gelijk te bemerken. En dat is, naar mijn mening, erg. Zeker op Internet, vaak anoniem of moeilijk te achterhalen kan iedereen die een beetje kan typen. (Tenminste, er zijn ook veel onleesbare 'reacties' door de vele spelfouten). Zijn of Haar mening geven.
Maar moet dat dan op zo'n agressieve, respectloze manier ? Kan dat echt niet anders ?
Mijn idee;
Spreek jouw versie van 'de waarheid' rustig en duidelijk uit,
En luister naar andermans argumenten.
Zelfs de (naar jouw mening) saaie en ontwetende mensen want ook die hebben hun kant van het verhaal.
Ga niet direct in op respectloze en agressieve personen of meningen,
Die maken je alleen maar meer geirriteerd en wellicht meer van streek.
Als je jezelf vergelijkt met anderen zullen er altijd die mensen zijn die het beter dan wel minder weten dan jij ...
Kijk naar de feiten zover mogelijk, denk erover na en geef dan jouw mening op een respectvolle manier.
Met daarin altijd de mogelijkheid om te (moeten) erkennen dat je het bij het verkeerde eind had!
(Omdat je niet alle informatie had, je eigen inzicht veranderd is of je beinvloed bent )
Wie ben ik dan wel, dat ik dit advies denk te kunnen geven, Ben ik er zelf dan al ?
Nee, dat zeker niet. Zeker het erkennen, toegeven dat ik iets fout zag, of zeker dacht te weten en toch achteraf, later moest zeggen dat ik het misschien anders was, das niet gemakkelijk ;-)
Respect voor elkaar in persoon, en op Internet of op papier is (naar mijn mening) een noodzaak voor een normale, leefbare samenleving.
Mijn medeleven met de familie van de overleden man die zijn hobby aan het uitoefenen was op een sportveld.
Ook denk ik aan een goede bekende die ernstig ziek is en niet lang meer te leven heeft.
Respect! voor alle vrijwilligers die iedere week in een hal of op een veldje in weer & wind met sport (en vaak met kinderen) bezig zijn.
Respect ook voor iedereen (en familie) die met een ziekte worstelt en misschien al weet dat de strijd snel gestreden zal zijn.
Ter overdenking onderstaande gedicht, vertaald in het Nederlands en het origineel in het Engels.
Sta niet niet bij mijn graf en huil,
Ik ben er niet; ik slaap niet.
Ik ben duizend winden die waaien,
Ik ben de diamanten glinstering op de sneeuw,
Ik ben het zonlicht op het gerijpte graan,
Ik ben de zachte herfst regen.
Wanneer je ontwaakt in de ochtend fluistering
Ben ik de plotselingen vlucht omhoog
Van stille vogels die in cirkels vliegen.
Ik ben het zachte sterrelicht in de nacht.
Sta niet bij mijn graf en huil,
Ik ben daar niet, ik ben niet gestorven.
--- --- --- ---
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.
Respect; showing regard, appreciation for the worth of someone or something.
( Peter's Points #4) After the first 3 a while ago;
1. Believe in positivity
2. Passion
3. Compassion
I thought it was a good time to make a new point.
Point number 4.
We follow the news in The Netherlands from "far" away and some things are more easily put in perspective is my feeling.
First I was going to write a funny and short post about the whole discussion in The Netherlands about the "Racism surrounding the Sinterklaas feest", the Dutch Santa Claus has 'black helpers' which is controversial.
But I think it is better to get to the point from the story that happend last weekend at a sports field in The Netherlands.
Dutch youth league football linesman dies after attack.
(see link underneath)
Respect for each other in person, and on the Internet or on paper is (in my opinion) a necessity for a normal, civilised society.
My condolences to the family of the linesman who died and who was at a sports field.
I am also thinking of a person we know who has a life threatening disease and will probably die soon.
Respect! for all volunteers who every week are in a hall or a field no matter the weather (often working with children) helping out with a sporting activity.
Respect also for everybody (and their family) who is fighting a disease and maybe already knows that it is a battle that is ending soon.
The Poem at the top is to sit and think things over...
(Omdat je niet alle informatie had, je eigen inzicht veranderd is of je beinvloed bent )
Wie ben ik dan wel, dat ik dit advies denk te kunnen geven, Ben ik er zelf dan al ?
Nee, dat zeker niet. Zeker het erkennen, toegeven dat ik iets fout zag, of zeker dacht te weten en toch achteraf, later moest zeggen dat ik het misschien anders was, das niet gemakkelijk ;-)
Respect voor elkaar in persoon, en op Internet of op papier is (naar mijn mening) een noodzaak voor een normale, leefbare samenleving.
Mijn medeleven met de familie van de overleden man die zijn hobby aan het uitoefenen was op een sportveld.
Ook denk ik aan een goede bekende die ernstig ziek is en niet lang meer te leven heeft.
Respect! voor alle vrijwilligers die iedere week in een hal of op een veldje in weer & wind met sport (en vaak met kinderen) bezig zijn.
Respect ook voor iedereen (en familie) die met een ziekte worstelt en misschien al weet dat de strijd snel gestreden zal zijn.
Ter overdenking onderstaande gedicht, vertaald in het Nederlands en het origineel in het Engels.
Sta niet niet bij mijn graf en huil,
Ik ben er niet; ik slaap niet.
Ik ben duizend winden die waaien,
Ik ben de diamanten glinstering op de sneeuw,
Ik ben het zonlicht op het gerijpte graan,
Ik ben de zachte herfst regen.
Wanneer je ontwaakt in de ochtend fluistering
Ben ik de plotselingen vlucht omhoog
Van stille vogels die in cirkels vliegen.
Ik ben het zachte sterrelicht in de nacht.
Sta niet bij mijn graf en huil,
Ik ben daar niet, ik ben niet gestorven.
--- --- --- ---
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.
Respect; showing regard, appreciation for the worth of someone or something.
( Peter's Points #4) After the first 3 a while ago;
1. Believe in positivity
2. Passion
3. Compassion
I thought it was a good time to make a new point.
Point number 4.
We follow the news in The Netherlands from "far" away and some things are more easily put in perspective is my feeling.
First I was going to write a funny and short post about the whole discussion in The Netherlands about the "Racism surrounding the Sinterklaas feest", the Dutch Santa Claus has 'black helpers' which is controversial.
But I think it is better to get to the point from the story that happend last weekend at a sports field in The Netherlands.
Dutch youth league football linesman dies after attack.
(see link underneath)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20583970
Since the news I follow 'back home' only comes to me in a digital form I read articles and reactions online.
And it does not really matter if it is Facebook, Twitter, a quality or cheap newspapers' website, but the tone of voice and words people use is quite often extremely disrespectful!
The curses, swear words and insults used are bad enough, but also there is quite often no reason, or reasoning, and no limitations in getting "their" point across. And this, is my opinion, is bad. (By the way, especially on the social media, this is not only limited to the Dutch speaking people!)
Espescially on the Internet, often anonymous, sometimes with an alias, anyone who can type
(at least, there are many 'opinions' that are hard to read because of bad spelling) can give his or her opinion.
But does this have to be in such an agressive, disrespectful manner ? Can it not be in any other way ?
My idea;
Share your version of the 'truth' calmly and clearly,
Listen to another persons opinions.
Even the (to your opinion) dull and ignorant also have their side of the story.
Do not, directly react to disrespectful and agressive people or opinions,
They will only make you more annoyed or even upset.
If you compare yourself to others, there will always be people who know more than you or less than yourself...
Since the news I follow 'back home' only comes to me in a digital form I read articles and reactions online.
And it does not really matter if it is Facebook, Twitter, a quality or cheap newspapers' website, but the tone of voice and words people use is quite often extremely disrespectful!
The curses, swear words and insults used are bad enough, but also there is quite often no reason, or reasoning, and no limitations in getting "their" point across. And this, is my opinion, is bad. (By the way, especially on the social media, this is not only limited to the Dutch speaking people!)
Espescially on the Internet, often anonymous, sometimes with an alias, anyone who can type
(at least, there are many 'opinions' that are hard to read because of bad spelling) can give his or her opinion.
But does this have to be in such an agressive, disrespectful manner ? Can it not be in any other way ?
My idea;
Share your version of the 'truth' calmly and clearly,
Listen to another persons opinions.
Even the (to your opinion) dull and ignorant also have their side of the story.
Do not, directly react to disrespectful and agressive people or opinions,
They will only make you more annoyed or even upset.
If you compare yourself to others, there will always be people who know more than you or less than yourself...
Look at the facts as far as possible, think about them and give your opinion in a respectful manner.
With always the possibility that you will (have to) agree later that you were wrong!
(Because you did not have all the information, changed your point of view or were influenced)
Who am I to write this, do I follow my own advice ?
No, certainly not.
Espescially agreeing that my point of view was mistaken, that I was certain, but later had to agree that maybe it was different, that is not easy ;-)
No, certainly not.
Espescially agreeing that my point of view was mistaken, that I was certain, but later had to agree that maybe it was different, that is not easy ;-)
Respect for each other in person, and on the Internet or on paper is (in my opinion) a necessity for a normal, civilised society.
My condolences to the family of the linesman who died and who was at a sports field.
I am also thinking of a person we know who has a life threatening disease and will probably die soon.
Respect! for all volunteers who every week are in a hall or a field no matter the weather (often working with children) helping out with a sporting activity.
Respect also for everybody (and their family) who is fighting a disease and maybe already knows that it is a battle that is ending soon.
The Poem at the top is to sit and think things over...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hallo, Laat gerust je reactie achter!
Hello, Please Feel Free to comment!
Any Spam or links to websites is deleted immediately .(so do not bother)
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.