Sunday, 22 January 2012

A New Year, 2012 and Good Resolutions

This time of year, January is a time to look back and much more forward to the year ahead.
After all the holidays (for most of us a busy period )
It is always good to think about things you have done, learned, and could have done differently or better in a certain period of time. ('cause of over use I dislike 'reflect')
I do believe in life-long learning. So also learning from my mistakes.
What's been keeping me busy in 2011 in time but also in my thoughts?
Is it one and the same thing or is there a gap between what I have done, and what I was thinking about ...
If I look back in my (our) "photo album" of 2011, What do I see?
Is it the highlights, or lowpoints in my professional life or more so my personal life or a bit of both?
And, also very importantly what were my motives, my "red thread" or theme that was leading in my life for the last year.

So, how do I evaluate 2011?
Since I save rather a lot of things, (I am a bit of a hoarder) I go through 'stuff' articles, magazines, cut-outs etc.
I also go through my agenda (a filofax ;-) for the last year and have a look through my photographs.

My year in a nutshell:
In January I became 40, my 40th birthday was a great day on which my wife & son gave me 40 presents, some silly and some practical.
Certainly a great highlight was my birthday bbq party (held in June, due to weather reasons) which was attended by family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. It was a great sunny day with lots of fun!

Going to Disneyland and seeing the total joy & happiness on our son's face is also worth mentioning.
As well as him getting his first swimming diploma,scoring a great point at a basketball match,and me feeling very proud after his first report of this school year.

Meeting new people, and strengthening friendships, going to football matches, out for a meal or a drink and a great trip to the champagne!

A big theme has been (and continues in 2012) CHANGE...
The Decision to Adopt from Kenya has already had a big influence in my (and our) lives.
On the downside that is my current situation at work which is 'stationery'.
The upside is the start of my blogging, and finding this to be a good way to think about things and helps me to put things in perspective..

To make 2012 a great year for me and us, these things will be my focus:
The First and main thing will be the completion of our family,
anything else really just follows after ..
Of course one's (my own) health is always important, losing a bit of weight,
sporting a bit more...AND staying mentally & spiritually healthy and satisfied are all logical components to me at least.
Eventually after, hopefully a great adventure abroad, to come back and settle with our family of four!
After which I can turn my attention to finding a job, or position, where I can use my experience and background and feel appreciated.

So, Here it is an outline for 2012 seen through my eyes..
What is it going to be for you ?

---

A few lines about what is happening now, regarding the adoption.
We are waiting for news from Kenya, we have collected loads of documents and given all information and really feel is now up to the National Adoption Committee to come to a decision.
Of course the waiting is annoying, but that is how it is.
Up till an answer I have deciced not to shave, so I have a wild beard :-), so when I do shave it is clear there is news to be reported!
We have looked at all the contacts we have had with Wereld Kinderen and through them with Kenya to see if there is a logical time frame to be found, unfortunately there is not.
And there is not really anything anyone can do...patience,
and bear with us, we hope!

All the best to you all for 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hallo, Laat gerust je reactie achter!
Hello, Please Feel Free to comment!

Any Spam or links to websites is deleted immediately .(so do not bother)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.